lundi 30 août 2010

Taking advantages

Thank god not this bad. i'll never afford to drive one of these anyway


I met an accident 2 weeks ago but it was very minor. there was hardly a dent on the other person's car.

It was a fast lane and i could not brake in time as the car in front of me stopped. Immediately after that the car in front of me which was a white myvi stopped. In the middle of the fast lane. She knew this would put pressure on me. It was the highway in front of KDU and there was an obvious spot for these sort of things, but she refused to. The damage was minimal. Only a gash at the boot cover, and small dent from the top on the bumper (how the hell can that be my fault? it is obviously not but she tried to pin it on me) and that was basically, "the damage". She insisted that i pay for the damages as it was my fault. She insisted that she braked because the car in front of her did but i didint remember seeing any. After all fast lanes dont usually stop. We both agreed not to report to the police as i would need to pay another 300 (thinking back, i really should as she was also in the wrong for breaking in the fast lane and she KNOWS it, that is why she allowed me to 'choose' and say that she will claim my insurance. But i did not want my NCP to be deducted.) The more ridiculous claim was that from previous experience that the damages amounted to 1k. And that she needs to change her car and this will lower the resale value that is why she needs to fix it. She even demanded that i paid her there and then. I demanded to see the bill and if it really is only i will pay. She insisted that i paid her at least half 1st. I offered 200 but she said no way it can be fixed so i paid her 500 (later i found out this should NOT be the way, and even so cannot be so much). Her face immediately lit up and become from a cutthroat bitch to a normal person and even told me where are the mechanics around the area. She also tried to get my home phone number, address and my company phone number and name. I told her just take my mobile and it was not necessary for her to ask for so many details. It was very painful to me but at least i thought it would have been settled. But I was wrong.

I immediately went back to office after paying her and got a mechanic to help me close my hood. Damages on my side were: front bumper went in and a crooked hood. One of the tyres was even touching the mudguard. i had no time or money to get it repaired soon. I got the office mechanic with the help of a colleague and he helped me close the hood. I also passed his contact to her and told her that i will not foot the bill if it was from somewhere else. She never replied to the message saying thanks or ok. To this point it was obvious to me that she only wanted the money.

She did not go to the mechanic immediately but went a week after the incident. She insisted that the mechanic change her bumper even though the mechanic told her it was not necessary. Since i already told the mechanic the amount i gave her, the mechanic charged her 750 for changing the bumper. She was only able to pay 500 (I presume) and the mechanic refused to let her car out until she pays the balance. She called me on a saturday afternoon 3-4 times within 10 mins (3 of them went to missed calls) and sent a sms, asking me to top up the amount to 750 from 500. she called when i was replying. I insisted that i will meet up with her and check the bill as well as with the mechanic. Is this how a person who sincerely wants to fix her car behaves like? I dont think so. I told a few friends about it and they all said she is not supposed to do this, that when she accepted my money she cannot ask me for more. Either that or i deal with the mechanic directly and not through her but when that happens i should not have gave her the money. She actually wanted it on that day itself. I knew she is trying to cheat my money then.

On sunday evening she smsed me on where i should meet her at 10 pm. I felt something really wrong and 'begged' her through SMS that i had no money and that im even skipping lunch (true story) but she was relentless and came back with a SMS that went along the lines of me breaking my promise and all men cannot be trusted. And even tried to call. I saw miss calls. Thank god i switched off my phone. Next morning there were more miss calls and angry SMSes. All with the same thing. I sent her a reply that if she was scared that i found out that im not supposed to pay her after she accepted my 500. She said she will talk nicely to me as long as i answered. In actuality, she was trying to psycho me to paying her 250 first and she knows that if i delay i will find out the truth.

She called my office extension and talked to me for 1 hour repeating the same point on how i should pay her and honor my promise. I told her i will find out with the mechanic and she said the mechanic asked her to deal with me. she did not allow me to put down the phone to call the mechanic so i used my handphone to call instead. The mechanic was actually quite furious that she insisted on replacing the bumper even when not necessary on the insistence of her brother in law which was consistent with what she said. Now, it was very clear that she was trying to get me to sponsor a free bumper. Besides, the crack on the bumper looked like force from above cracked it and not from the back. she was trying to get me to pay for her new bumper! I told her we both know what she is doing is wrong which is why she is trying so hard to convince me, that the mechanic's total bill is actually 500 and she went against the mechanic's advice to change the bumper. So i have settled the full amount but this is added by herself. And if she continues to call i will report to the police and put down the phone. My supervisor immediately shouted that i should report to the police for harassment while she was on the line. She did not listen and kept repeating the fact that i 'promised' her.

I checked with the mechanic again and that she actually wanted the old bumper replaced back after he fixed the new one in so that she didint have to pay extra this morning. (ohohohoho. greed gets you nowhere!) but its too late because he fixed it and sprayed paint on it already and he refused and insisted that she paid 250 since she insisted to have it replaced the other day. The mechanic was also very stern at her as i also feedback to him what she said through the phone and the SMSes. He told me not to pay or entertain her anymore and that anything beyond this point will be harassment. Perhaps he also saw that she was just trying to take advantage but he turned the plot back at her.

After collecting her car she sent an essay of a SMS on how i never kept my promise, that i lied and that it was unfair for her to pay and that the underside of the old bumper was cracked. I showed it around to my colleagues and they laughed. And no calls after that.

So the lesson here is to not take advantage of people. First of all, it was very clear that she preplanned as someone who have just met an accident wont be so lucid to talk about costing or even recall bills. secondly she did not stop at the side but in the road to put pressure to me to come to an agreement. Thirdly, she talked nonstop and did not allow me to talk and twisted my words. Forth, she insisted on money first which she already knows is not the proper practice. Fifth, she asked for details where ordinary people would not ask. Sixth, the way she tried to contact me is tantamount to harassment. Seventh, she called my office number when she knows very damm well its breach of privacy. Eighth, she was trying to use mindgames to get me to pay her. didint work bitch. I'm a fox. a very old one. Mindgames are my speciality. Ninth, she changed an unnecessary part and tried to make me pay for it WITHOUT informing me prior.

So at the end, she was just trying to take advantage of me for not knowing the situation but in the end others sense what she was up to and turned the game back to her. I talked to everyone about this case and they all say it was her mistake and she has overstepped her limits and tried to bully and take advantage of me.

I guess this goes to show taking advantage of others is a stupid thing to do because other people will DEFINITELY realize. This goes for guys too. I have seen many a PLU guys manipulate and get manipulated and well you know what you're doing so stop it because whatever friends you got through your schemes will leave you once they realize what you are doing. It is not worth it at the end of the day.

Moral of the story: taking advantage of others is stupid, being honest is smart as the repercussions from using others can be more than we chew.

5 commentaires:

  1. I hope what she did to you will come back and haunt her a thousand folds. I have the same personal experience, where it happened to my father and a motorcyclist. Add in an unscrupulous doctor who charged RM700 for two bottles of supplements. Do report to the police if she continues to harrass you in the office calls or sms.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I've heard a lot about how people try to put the blame on you and get money from accidents a lot. But for me it was totally the opposite. I was going downhill and couldn't brake on time. So I hit the car infront of me. The bumper of that car was dislodged a bit. I apologised to the driver and said I'll pay for the damages and she said it wasn't my fault and stuff like this happen and all that. I guess I was just lucky.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. stupid #$%^&*((*&^%$@#$%^&.. *cursing with ancient SLUT curse words*..

    i cursed out a karangan and emailed to her already :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Learn a lesson loh....this is the longest blog I ever read...

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. little dove: she knew that i saw through her intentions and tricks and never called or SMSed again. Good for her because the police station is very nearby.

    A: yeah you were. I guess i just had to encounter one of the worst types hahha...

    tuls: sure one day she will encounter the wrong people and she will get into trouble from there

    skyhawk: sori ler, i do shot shot 1 for u next okeh?

    RépondreSupprimer